Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Fuck Comcast...

that is pretty much all that needs to be said, but I will go into greater detail so you can all say it too. Now I called on Saturday to set up my cable account, pretty simple really, all I want is the cheap, basic, basic cable and high speed internet. Thats it. And I want the introductory offer of 19.99 a month for each. Simple enough right? So on Saturday they schedule an appointment for Tuesday (yesterday) between 11 and 2. It is going to be an easy set up too, because the house is already wired, all I need really is for the guy to drop of the digital cable box and the modem and "turn us on." We are talking 10 minutes tops. So I take a half day. And I sit at home. And wait, and wait. 2 comes and goes, no cable guy. 3 oclock comes around and I call them. They tell me oh the driver had a flat tire but he is on his way. Good. So I hang up. And wait. And wait. Its getting later and later, and finally, it is 430. I am thinking theese guys go home at 5 so i better find out where the fuck he is. So I call again. And this time they tell me that hes at another stop, on 27th Lane ( I live on 25 terrace) and he will be right over. So I wait. And wait. Nothing. Now I am really pissed. So I call back and I said listen, there was supposed to be someone here by 2, I have waited at home all day and I want to know exactly where the goddam cable guy is and exactly when he will arrive. A new lady (now the 3rd different person I talked to) says let me find out where he is. She comes back on line and says sir, I am going to be completely honest with you, the guy is not coming. I was like what the hell are you talking about. She gave me some speil about how the person who took my order did not put it in right, and so they did not send a tech out to me because my order was incomplete. She went on to say that the other people I spoke with just didn't want to tell me that. That is the ridiculous part. Apparently it is Comcast company policy to lie to the customers. I don't care that someone screwed up, if they had told me from the beginning or even called to let me know he wasn't going to come, that would have been fine. But to deliberately mislead me, make me waste a full day waiting, is ridiculous. The worst part is all i get is the waiver of the 15 dollar activation fee??? Give me a fucking break. I am going to the payment center tomorrow and I am going to have words until I get the direct line of a suprvisor so I can shew somebody out. Moral of this story, get every customer service reps name that you ever talk to, so when they lie, you can get their asses fired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is total bull shit....and not only that, you shouldn't have had to pay an activation fee in the first place...i never have....and definately complain...telecoms are getting nervous about keeping customers with new technology coming out and the controversy over what they are doing with all the "infrastructure improvement" fees the collect with your bill (see my blog)....total crap....I had to wait two weeks after my first appointment in FL for the cable to be installed...i sure hope yours gets resoved quicker (I need someone else to post on my forums besides me)

Hill Rat said...

Fuck Comcast in ACM (ass, cunt, and mouth), they might be the worst company on the face of the Earth.