Monday, February 06, 2006

White Shark Diving


I was just thinking about that today. That is something that I really want to do eventually; it is now on my list. I mean, I am not the type of guy to go on most shark dives, I don't necessarily agree with dive instructors sitting people on the bottom and pulling out all this food to lure sharks to the area. I would love to see sharks while I am diving, but mostly harmless ones. I stress "see" because if I can see them, they can see me, and know I am not food. I did run into some sort of reef shark when I was alone on a night dive once ( I know, not supposed to do that, but in my defense I had a buddy, we just were not together), and it was more scared of me than anything. I tried to follow it but it went up on the top of the reef and it was low tide, yadda yadda. The point is, its cool so see these things, that's why I dive. However, I would not want to run into a tiger shark or a white while out doing a dive. I would like to see them, however. That is why I want to do white shark cage diving. It would probably scare the crap out of me, but I think it would be worth it, worth it to see one, and know that I am 99% safe. It would be quite the experience. Too bad I think I need to go to South Africa or Mexico to do it. Anyways, I don't know what made me think about it, but I do work with a South African, and I did notice on Cyber Divers there was an article about how the Australian government say shark shields don't work. It would be pretty cool, none-the-less.

No comments: